Are you building a swimming pool and wondering whether to use Pebble tec or Diamond Brite?
The article looks at Pebble Tec vs Diamond Brite to give you an idea of what these pool designs have on offer.
Pebble Tec Pool Finish
Pebble Tec is a modern and popular swimming pool finish material used for a new pool or resurfacing an old one.
It is a more expensive design than plaster, but of better quality when you want to resurface your facility.
Pebble Tec is formed by mixing small and large natural pebbles from earth or black sand beaches.
It is turned into a cement blend made up of pebble stones.
They provide you with a bottom that resembles that of a Riverbend or creek.
Some of the benefits of Pebble Tech are:
- Aesthetics: Pebble Tec finishes provide a modern, natural, and clean look, primarily due to the creative design.
- Durability: These surfaces can last for over 20 years when maintained properly.
- Choices: Pebble Tec comes with at least five finishes: PebbleBrilliance, PebbleFina, PebbleSheen, and PebbleTech.
Diamond Brite Pool Finish
Diamond Brite pool finish is a blend of quartz aggregates and crushed white Portland cement, and you can use it for resurfacing or new pools.
These products are blended in the factory to provide you with durable material that can make your pool attractive.
Unlike Pebble Tec, Diamond Brite is mainly used for resurfacing a pool, and here are the reasons why you should use it:
- Chemical Resistance: Diamond Brite is made of insoluble material that is unaffected by pool chemicals.
- Resist Stains: You can bet that the material remains free of stains that can occur due to pool chemicals.
- Hard to Damage: The surface allows you to drain your pool, clean it, and add water without getting damaged.
- Different Color: Diamond Brite allows you to choose from a variety of colors to meet your needs.
- Durability: The surface can last for about 15 years when you maintain it.
Which One to Buy?
Pebble Tec is more durable than Diamond Brite and can continue to give you service for years without getting damaged.
Pebble Tec is mainly used for new swimming pools, while Diamond Brite works best when resurfacing an old facility.
The two products make a pool to be more attractive and make it more welcoming.
If you want a long-lasting surface, go for Pebble Tec Pool Finish. With that said, consider Diamond Brite Pool Finish if you want a variety of colors.