I’m getting ready to walk out the door to board a flight to New York for the week but I wanted to share this recipe with you before I did. Between shooting weddings, editing and having mini panic attacks about where I am going to eat in New York (SO. MANY .OPTIONS) I have not had much time to cook and this easy meal has been a life saver.
Once I changed my eating lifestyle, Chinese food pretty much became non existent to me. I’ve still have yet to find a Chinese restaurant that uses wholesome ingredients whiles serving delicious food so I’ve resorted to making my own at home. I have not had a ton of luck with at home chinese dishes but this Sriracha Chicken Quinoa bowl recipe is definitely a keeper. If you like Sweet & Sour Chicken and Rice then you will love this meal.
I don’t have any miscellaneous links for you today but I promise to come back with a post full of pictures from New York!
Sriracha & Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Generously adapted from Kim’s Healthy Eats
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2-1.5 lbs of pastured chicken breast, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of Sriracha
- 1/4 cup of honey
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds (optional)
- Fluff your quinoa and set it aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sriracha, honey, lime and half of the green onions. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once olive oil is hot, sauté your diced yellow onion until soft and slightly browned.
- Toss in your cut up chicken and sauté until cooked through and browned on the outside. ( I sometimes have to pour off any extra liquid that has come off the chicken during cooking in order to get the browned outside.)
- Once chicken is cooked through, pour the sriracha mixture over the chicken and stir until all the chicken is coated.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 1-3 minutes until sauce is thickened and sticky.
- Divide quinoa into bowls then divide the sriracha chicken evenly on top of the quinoa.
- Top off with green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds.