I rarely eat peanut butter but for some reason I have not been able to get the combination of chocolate and peanut butter off my mind. Perhaps its all these holidays that come bearing excuses to indulge in a morsel of sweetness. So indulge I did.
I was taken aback by the long list of ingredients that most recipes for homemade peanut butter cups have. Most of them include ridiculous amounts of powdered sugar and somewhat unnecessary oils. Although these ingredients DO make the peanut butter cups somewhat easier to assemble, I did not find them essential for the taste.
So I ventured to make chocolate peanut butter cups that are exactly what their name says they are. Peanut butter and chocolate. The final result was exactly what one would desire: creamy and salty-sweet deliciousness.
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
makes 15-20 bite size peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- roughly 1/4 a cup of creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter, for this recipe I buy nut butter that is already slightly sweetened
- sea salt
- parchment candy cups or you could use a mini muffin pan
- Working with a double boiler, melt your chocolate until smooth.
- Lay out your candy cup liners and using a spoon put a layer of chocolate in the bottom of each candy cup.
- Next, working with your hands, form a ball of peanut butter about the size of a small grape and place one in the middle of each candy cup. (Once you put the top layer of warm chocolate on it will help smooth and flatten out the ball the peanut butter. )
- Finally, spoon a layer of chocolate on top of the peanut butter doing your best to cover all the peanut butter with a layer of chocolate.
- Optionally, sprinkle with a whisper of sea salt.
- Allow peanut butter cups to set in the freezer for 15-30 minutes before serving. Keep chilled.
- ablackrayofsunshine reblogged this from ticklishbutts
- itsbecausebutts likes this
- presquefini likes this
- kawarenai likes this
- thinkingpowersactivated likes this
- ccrraaiigg likes this
- charelleellerahc reblogged this from leevesandberries
- oceansblu reblogged this from leevesandberries
- xxx-ultraviolence likes this
- damienanthros reblogged this from leevesandberries
- damienanthros likes this
- liaceccarelli likes this
- vivalelivre likes this
- make-the-dead-love likes this
- realfatcat likes this
- dolennin likes this
- thoughtmonkeys likes this
- stephreevez reblogged this from leevesandberries
- winters-kiss likes this
- winters-kiss reblogged this from ticklishbutts
- cupcakesandcanines likes this
- merryspookygreenie reblogged this from ticklishbutts
- lookandrealook reblogged this from ticklishbutts
- lookandrealook likes this
- seadalek likes this
- twelveangryeyebrows likes this
- ticklishbutts reblogged this from make-the-dead-love
- make-the-dead-love reblogged this from leevesandberries
- mizsunshyne reblogged this from leevesandberries
- mizsunshyne likes this
- aponiblue reblogged this from leevesandberries
- aponiblue likes this
- dave-tav likes this
- wagenschutz reblogged this from leevesandberries
- will-you-pl3ase-b3-qui3t likes this
- nupangpang likes this
- playbear reblogged this from leevesandberries
- playbear likes this
- bkwrm-grl87 likes this
- lyricalspiritual reblogged this from leevesandberries
- kshirajakrishnan likes this
- likemymask likes this
- meals-to-come reblogged this from leevesandberries
- srahberry likes this
- maddie2go reblogged this from leevesandberries
- dontcryshopgirl reblogged this from leevesandberries and added:
- yes-there-will-be-light reblogged this from leevesandberries and added:
- ellyxia23 likes this