This is one of those recipes that is literally impossible to mess up on, it requires only a few ingredients, less than 10 minutes of prep time and to top it off it is some of the tastiest chicken I have ever had. I highly encourage you to purchase your meat from your local farmers market if you have one near by or “pastured raised” chicken from the local grocery. Not only is the taste superior but you are not getting anything mysterious or pumped full of hormones and fillers.
Simple Roasted Chicken Legs & Thighs
- 6 pieces of pasture raised chicken legs or thighs or a combo of both
- 3-4 springs of fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp of pastured butter at room temperature
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Wash and thoroughly dry off chicken.
- Finely chop your rosemary and mash together with butter in a bowl.
- Loosen up the skin of the chicken by sliding your fingers between the skin and the meat then evenly distribute rosemary butter underneath the chicken skin. Using about a 1/2 tbsp per piece of chicken.
- Salt and pepper the outside of the chicken.
- Place chicken in a baking dish or pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 45-55 minutes until skin is golden and crispy and the inside is tender and juicy.
- Alternately you can skip the rosemary butter and simply put the salted chicken pieces in the oven by themselves, this produces an almost equally delicious and crispy chicken dish.
Adapted from here.