easy summer guacamole
I’ve really missed this space. Somehow the winter swept in and ran away with all my time but I didn’t forget about this little corner of my life. I’ve been in a whirlwind of celebrations, sickness, moving, meeting goals (okay, and not meeting goals) and just general living all topped off with the holidays but alas, I’m finally at a stand still. Which is honestly where I am at my most content. Some people love to have a packed schedule and I admire those who do but I’m happiest when life is slow slow slow.
While I have had little time for blogging, don’t think that doesn’t mean I haven’t been eating. I have definitely been eating. And luckily for you that means there are good many delicious recipes coming your way and I can hardly wait to share them with you. I thought I would ease my way back in with this insanely simple recipe for guacamole. Guacamole is one of those wonderful things that can go on practically everything while being a recipe that you can carry in your head, ready to be whipped up at any ole time.
- 2 large and ripe avocados, sliced and diced from skin
- ½ red onion or ½ bunch of green onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice from ½ lime
- juice from ¼ an orange
- pinch of cayenne pepper if you like a little spice in your life
- ¼ -½ bunch of organic cilantro, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
** if your feeling extra lazy, and believe me I’ve been there, you can substitute the fresh garlic and onion for garlic and onion powder to taste**
1. Put your diced avocado in a large bowl. Using a fork give it a good mash until fairly uniform. If your a chunky guacamole lover (hey oh!) then put aside half an avocados worth of diced avocado to stir in later.
2. Add in all of your remaining ingredients (including the reserved avocado for the chunky lovers) and give the guacamole a good stir. Salt and pepper it to taste.