[cold brew] milk & honey lattes
My grandma is my coffee drinking buddy and we often get together to share a brew while she tells me wild tales of her youth or dishes out gems of wisdom. While we usually sip on hot extra black coffee I decided to change it up over our most recent coffee date and make her one of my milk and honey lattes. While I prepared our coffee I passionately explained to her how much I loved cold brew coffee. How its 67% less acidic then hot coffee and how its the strongest coffee you can drink. I even walked her through the process of making it while she sat silently and smiling.
Once I finished making the coffee I sat down and set our lattes before us. She then decided it was the appropriate time to inform me that she used to make toddy’s all the time in the 70’s and that she loved that it was “coming back around.” So much for my introducing her to something grand and new but at least I did get an exclamation of how wonderful this latte was out of her. She doesn’t give out compliments for flatteries sake so whenever she does let a laudation slip it is always a big confidence boost.
honey & milk latte
- ¼ cup of cold brew concentrate (I brew THIS coffee with THIS toddy maker)
- 1 cup of cold milk ( I use whole raw cow’s milk but you can use any alternative milk as long as it’s not sweetened)
- 2 tsp of honey, melted (optional)
- Pour the cold brew into the tumbler you are using for drinking.
- In a separate small glass pour your cold milk. While stirring the milk with a spoon pour in your hot honey and stir quickly until they honey has dissolved. If you run into an issue with the honey crystallizing faster than you can stir (which does happen to me at times) then I suggest popping the milk and honey into the microwave for a minute until the milk is warm.
- NOTE: It is tempting to just pour the honey into the coffee and milk already mixed but the honey does not dissolve as well into the coffee as it does into the milk.
- Stir the milk and honey into the cold brew and chill in the fridge if needed or drink right away.