two ingredient pancakes
Sunday mornings were always something of a sight when I was growing up. I am one of five children and we all inherited the love of sleep from our father. No matter how desperately my mom tried to wake us all up on time and get us in our Sunday best for church, you could always count on the Vandivier family walking into church 20 minutes late. That is at least until a brilliant idea dawned on my parents: pancakes. Miraculously, they no longer needed to beg us to get up 6 times a morning, all it took was the smell of pancakes to get us dressed and wide eyed at the kitchen table.
While nothing could ever replace my moms homemade blueberry pancakes I am happy to have discovered these easy and healthier alternative to traditional pancakes. On top of only requiring 2 ingredients they have the glorious power of getting my husband out of bed on those way-too early Sunday mornings. Thats a winner in my book.
- ½ banana
- 2 pastured eggs
- ghee, butter or coconut oil for pan frying
| optional |
- shredded coconut
- honey for garnish
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- Blend together the banana and eggs in a high speed blender or food processor until blended into a thick batter. Stir in the cinnamon and shredded coconut if using.
- Heat your skillet to medium high and melt a pat of butter/ghee/oil in the skillet. Pour about 1/8th a cup of batter at a time and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the edges are brown then flip the pancake. Cook until both sides of the pancake are golden brown and repeat until you run out of batter.
- Enjoy with warm honey and fresh berries!
adapted from DETOXINISTA