avocado + poached egg toast
Ask my husband what his favorite meal is and I guarantee his answer will be this avocado toast and poached egg. Probably because it is one of the few times I bring bread into the house but lets just pretend its my irresistable culinary skills. There is a small mid-week farmers market that sets up within walking distance from our home that carries the most delicious sourdough bread. The recipe used to make the bread has been passed down through a Parisian family for over 100 years. While I’d love to get a peek at that recipe I am okay with settling for a fresh loaf every now and then.
Links of all sorts: THIS tribute to Wes Anderson’s use of red and yellow. THIS newly released Sufjan Stevens song. THIS CLOSET DETOX CHEAT SHEET for all you spring cleaners out there. Lastly, THIStender, funny and often heartbreaking book.
- 2 thick slices of sourdough bread, or bread of your choosing
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced,
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or pressed
- juice from half a lime
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pastured eggs, POACHED
1. In a medium sized bowl scoop the avocado out of its skin and into the bowl. Add in the sliced green onion, garlic, and lime juice. Lightly mash together with a fork until everything is nicely combined. Add salt and pepper to taste then set aside.
2. Toast your slices of bread either in a toaster or in the oven until golden brown on both sides. Once toasted, spread about 2-3 tbsp of avocado mixture on each slice of toast.
3. Lastly, poach your eggs using THIS method then place one poached egg onto each avocado toast. Enjoy while still hot!