cherry & peach cobbler |gf & df|
I love most any stone fruit that I can get my hands on so I have been in heaven each time I walk into the store and there are rows and rows of sweet cherries and peaches. You certainly do not need to do anything to make these summer fruits delicious but the crumble of almonds, cinnamon and sugar on top add just enough sweetness to rightfully call it “dessert”. Garnished with a spoonful of whipped coconut cream makes it perfection.
Random links as of lately:
THIS MOVIE. Go see it.
After watching that movie, watch THIS BIT by Louis C.K.
Have you seen the latest season of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee? No? CLICK HERE for that greatness.
Lastly, for some lovely sounds check out THIS GUY.
Now for some summer stone fruit cobbler:
ingredients: serves 4
- 2 cups of diced sweet cherries, pits removed
- 2 large peaches, diced
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed (or ghee!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place your cut cherries and peaches in a medium sized baking dish or bowl. Alternatively you could divide the fruit between four baking ramekins for individual cobblers.
- In a medium bowl stir together the almond flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in the cold butter or ghee until the largest piece of butter is the size of a pea.
- Spread the almond flour crumble mixture evenly over the top of the chopped fruit.
- Place the cobbler into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top of the cobbler is browned and the fruit is tender.
- Optionally top with whipped coconut cream or vanilla ice cream.