baked pumpkin donuts + chocolate glaze (gf)
These donuts are one of the (many) reasons that I look forward to the fall and winter months. I only allow myself to make them a few times a year not only because one should resist the habit of eating donuts on the regular but also because enjoying one of these babies with freshly brewed coffee is a luxury that is sweetest when the sky is swollen with deep grey clouds and theres a new chill in the air. Plus they are gluten free so that makes them inherently healthy….right? right.
Did you like The Place Beyond The Pines or Blue Valentine? HERE and your welcome.
I’ve fallen in love with THIS SNEAK PEEK OF PARTY SUPPLIES and can’t wait for their Spring launch!
- 2 1/3 cups packed almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup puréed pumpkin
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup ghee/butter/coconut oil of choice
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp milk of choice for thinning glaze
- unsweetened shredded coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your donut pan.
- Mix almond flour, salt, baking soda, and spices in a bowl. Pour into a high speed blender. Add wet ingredients and blend until smooth. You may need to to turn off blender and scrape sides as needed.
- Pour batter into each donut mold ¾ of the way full. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them to ensure they do not over bake as almond flour burns easily.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes. Invert the pan to remove the donuts and allow to cool completely – about an hour.
- While the donuts are cooling melt your chocolate chips and butter over medium low heat until smooth and melted. Warm your milk and pour into the chocolate until it is smooth and drips easily.
- Spoon the chocolate glaze over each donut and allow to set. Garnish with shredded coconut.